Monoprice Monolith Headphones Review
If you are someone who loves music and wants to enjoy listening to it to the maximum, investing in a good pair of headphones and owning a high-quality Monolith amplifier is a must for you.
However, compromising on the quality of headphones is the worst mistake that music enthusiasts can make.
Speaking of headphones, Monoprice Monolith headphones hold a great reputation in the industry. It is considered to be in the list of most amazing brands known for commendable headphones and amplifiers.
If you are a music lover who don’t want to compromise on quality then this article is a comprehensive review of three of their amazing headphones and the Monolith Tube Amp Headphone Amplifier that you can choose from.
This review will encompass the pros and cons of the products as well as detailed discussion of the product’s features and characteristics.
Monolith M1060 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones
The Monolith M1060 is a perfect pair of headphones for people who want to enjoy music without external interruptions.
The planar driver technology not only adds to the aesthetics of the product but also ensures unmatched sonic details.
The headphones are suitable for long term use as their fit is comfortable and they feature the open style design.
The ear cup design is broad and covers the ears to ensure perfect sound delivery as well as comfort. The sound quality of the headphones is also amazing. The features of the product are justified for the $299.99 price tag.
- Holographic Experience: Open back headphones for top class holographic experience.
- Excellent Comfort: These headphones are comfortable and are suitable even for extended and long-term use. It won’t hurt your ears.
- Better Sound Output: The Neodymium base of the headphones adds to the sensitivity and sound output.
- Sleek Looking: Why compromise on the looks of the headphones when you can get a lavish looking one? This one has a wooden design detail which makes the headphones look very attractive.
- Good Frequency: The headphones feature a reasonable frequency at 10Hz to 50kHz. Moreover, the total Harmonic Distortion of the Monoprice Monolith M1060 is less than 1% at 1mW.
- No battery Required: The headphones do not require any type of battery. So the users do not have to worry about chargers and battery replacements. Apart from that, the headphones can handle a maximum power of 10W for 200ms.
Monolith M560 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones
The Monolith M560 is a multi-purpose pair of headphones that can be used as both open as well as closed back headphones. The focus on the sound quality and comfort are two significant features of this pair of headphones.
The sound quality and the padding on the headphones is so high-quality that it is suitable for professional and studio use as well. Thus, both professional music producers as well as music enthusiasts can use
this pair of headphones with ease and convenience.
The price of $159.99 is also commendable considering the diverse use of the headphones and sound quality offered.
- Less Disturbance From Outside: The distortion level of the Monolith M560 is minimum which reduces external disturbance.
- Enhanced Sound Quality: The planar magnetic driver technology enhances the sound quality offered by the headphones by a considerable factor.
- Better Frequency: The frequency response range of the headphones is between 16Hz to 40kHz. Moreover, the impedance of the Monoprice Monolith M560 headphones is 42 ohms.
- Excellent Fit: The fit of the headphones is comfortable which makes them wearable with ease without any feeling of discomfort. The design of the headphones supports both open as well as closed back design so users can use it as desired.
- The padding of this device makes it one of the best quality headphones feels soft and is not harsh on the ears. Lastly, the size of the ear pads is broad enough to cater to different ear sizes as well.
- The price of the Monolith MM560 headphones is very affordable considering its features and diverse use of the headphones.
- The headphones are very comfortable and are suitable for prolonged wear.
- The quality and functionality of the headphones makes them suitable for professional use too.
- The headphones lack treble enhancement which affects the sound quality and regulation.
- The bass performance of the headphones also needs to be improved.
- The M1060 headphones also lack noise cancellation characteristics.
- The sound quality of the headphones is commendable.
- The power consumption of the headphones is low which extends the battery life.
- A money back guarantee is offered in case the customers do not like the Monoprice Monolith M1060 Headphones.
- The fit of the headphones is very comfortable.
- The headphones do not have a noise cancellation feature.
- The weight of the Monoprice Monolith M1060 headphones is more as compared to other headphones available, which makes them heavier.
- The quality of the carrying case can be improved.
Monolith M565C Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones
The Monolith M565C is a perfect option for anyone looking for an affordable yet
high-quality pair of headphones suitable for studio use.
The large ear cups and 66mm planar drivers ensure the best sound quality and
the closed back design is sturdy to ensure that the headphones stay in place.
The cable for the headphones has been made with knitted fabric which reduces
the risk of tangles and makes the cable less prone to breakage at the same time.
The ear shape of the headphones is suitable for catering to most ear sizes and
the design of the headphones is aesthetic and eye catching as well.
Versatile Use: The Monolith M575C headphones have optimal sound quality
which makes them perfect for professional or studio use and one of the best
quality headphones in the market.
Noise Cancellation: The noise cancellation feature ensures that the user is not
disturbed by any external sound.
Magnetic Design: The planar drives of 66mm and the magnetic design is perfect
for the closed back design.
Optimal Sound Quality: The average frequency range of the Monolith M575C
headphones is 15Hz to 50kHz which is comparatively better than other
Moreover, the sensitivity rating of the headphones is labeled at a
decent range of 96dB which helps achieve optimal sound quality.
- The sound quality offered by the headphones is commendable.
- The headphones have a versatile use and are suitable for daily as well as
- professional use as required.
- The padding on the ear cups is decent and soft which makes them very
- comfortable even when worn for a long time.
- The price of the headphones is expensive as there are other variants withbetter features available at a much lower price.
- The headphones are a bit difficult to plug in, which is a drawback.
- The weight of the headphones is nearly 13.7 oz which makes them heavy.
Monolith Tube Amp Headphone Amplifier
The Monolith Tube Amp Headphone Amplifier, as the name indicates, will
enhance the performance of your headphones by a significant factor. This
monoprice monolith amplifier can not only be used with headphones but can also
be connected to a PC.
Connect it to any device you want to play music on, and enhance the quality of
the sound by a considerable factor.
The Tube Sound technology coupled with the output transformer is responsible
for the enhancing of the sound quality. The impedance selector gives the user
the liberty to control the impedance and match it to your headphone’s
This makes the amplifier compatible to be used with a number of headphones
regardless of their impedance levels.
Input Options: The amplifier features a number of input options so that it can be
connected in a number of different ways.
Good User Control: The control range of the amplifier is commendable and
gives the user full control over the sound quality. Both digital as well as analog
inputs are available.
Easier To Use: Can be connected with any headphone and its volume knob
design makes it very easy to control and adjust as required. Moreover, the user
has full control over the filter speed settings and they can be altered as required.
- Can be used with any pair of headphones.
- The control settings are commendable and give the users the liberty to use the amplifier as required.
- A number of options are available in terms of input.
- The brushed metal surface can easily pick fingerprints and smudges which makes it look dirty very easily.
- The analog inputs are not as refined and well-tuned as the digital ones.
- The size and the weight of the amplifier is a constraint that makes it hard to be carried around or used on a regular basis when on the go.
- Does the Tube Amp Headphone Amplifier support Bluetooth connections?
- No, unfortunately not. However, there are other input options such as a USB as
- well as an audio jack available for connections.
- What is the time period of guarantee for the headphones?
- The headphones come with a guarantee of five years. You can also get 5 years
- of warranty on Sony Headphones. They also offer excellent sound quality and
- last longer than most headphones.
- Can the cables of the headphones be replaced in case they get damaged?
- Yes, the headphone cables are replaceable. The cable replacements are easily
- available online.
- Is the Monolith M1060 a First or a Second generation headphone?
- The Monolith M1060 is second generation.
- Is the Monolith M560 wireless?
- No, the M560 is fully wired and cannot be used as a wireless pair of headphones.
- If you want wireless headphones, you can go for Bose headphones.
- Do the Monolith Headphones come with a Mic as well?
- No, these are just a pair of headphones. The Mic is not included in the
- headphones and has to be used separately if needed.
- Is the Tube Amp Headphone Amplifier available in the 220v version?
- Unfortunately, no.
- How can I connect my android phone with the Tube Amp Headphone
- The DAC units at the back can be connected to a USB Android cable for
- connecting any Android phone with the amplifier.